Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Very Own Apple Crumbles

This was my very first attempt to make the apple crumbles as our dessert for iftar. I noticed there were so many demonstrations that we could follow from YT. For my version...I had to modify the recipe since I only had 2 red apples in the fridge! The real recipe was using the green apples.
First, I sauteed the 2 red apples cubes with a cinnamon stick and 2 spoons of brown sugar.

1/4 of the block butter, 3 cups of Hong Kong flour and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

I rubbed the butter into the flour and the ground cinnamon mixture until it resembled breadcrumbs.

Then I placed the apple cubes as the basic layer. I had to put in some raisins because the apples cubes could not cover the whole casserole..(@.@)..after that the crumble layer. (I should have used 3-4 apples)


Pop it into the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Trust me...while this fellow was in the oven...the whole kitchen smelt like cinnamon...soooo heavenly!

Then when the top layer looked a bit golden brown...I took it out and sprinkle some brown sugar...

......until it looked like this after 5 minutes.

Lastly...enjoying the apple crumbles with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and Hershey's choc sauce.

2 comments:

CathJ said...

I never tried crumble recipe yet.. nyummmmmmm... sedap nya with ice cream... ^_^

Nur-nba said...

Wow.. Kak UmmiRosma, sedapnya... Nur copy resepinya ye... :D Tq for sharing...