Monday, October 19, 2009

Unbelievable....

"What??? locally grown??"

"Really?.....in your garden??"
"Yes, please....I would love to see them and eat them JahTin...please and thank you"
Dumbfounded in amazement. Yea...this is all about the locally grown MULBERRIES. I love strawberries. I have tasted the fresh blueberries but the imported ones. I have eaten raspberries but the frozen ones. But....not these...


.....the locally grown mulberries. My friend Hjh Tini spare some of her ripe mulberries for me. She knows I love berries...*thanks a lot dear* . I just couldn't believe such plants can be grown here well. Her husband is a greenfinger type of person thus this plant can bear lots of fruits. I asked her if I could buy the baby mulberry plant from her so that I can grow it in my garden. According to her this plant can grow through stem-cutting. I will just have to be patient and wait for her call to collect the growing stem. If I go to her house, I will take some pictures of the mulberry plants...and of course share the pictures with you... (';')
The taste --> Very sweet...

6 comments:

CathJ said...

What is the taste??? Sweet??? Woww... interesting lah.... take photo yerrr... Nak jugak tengok.. ^_^

MeRy said...

Does it taste sweet?? I just know that tis type of fruit also can grow in our tropical country.

UmmiRosma said...

CathJ ~ Yea..terlupa pulak nak share about the taste. Memang sweet betul. I will share the pic nanti yea.

MeRy ~ Sweet. Yea me too..i thought they only grow in the cold countries only.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...amazing..your friend's husband did a great job. *clap clap*

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

My parents have this plant at their garden. Yes, the berries are very sweet when they are ripe and you can make berries juice too.

The leaves of the plant is very useful too. If you have conjunctivitis, you may use the water (leaves boil in hot water) to clean the eyes. It heals very quickly.
It is believe good to reduce heat in the body.

You may take a look on the pic of the leaves here, I have posted it at my blog before
http://samydy.blogspot.com/2008/08/mulberry-leaf-backdated-post.html

UmmiRosma said...

This is such a very good info dear. Im gonna have this plant planted in my garden too. I hope i can take care of it well as your parents are doing. I will read the entry...

Tnx dear :)