Monday, May 21, 2012

My Homemade Mackerel Umai

I have never tasted 'umai' before.....but I have known about its popularity....a delicacy from Sarawak. I am making my own 'umai' using the mackerel fillets. But we can use shrimps too.


How I made this dish.....

Mackerel fillets (slice thinly)
Shallots and ginger (slice thinly)
Tomatoes (cut into small cubes)
Limes (as much as you desire)
Bird's eye chili (cut thinly)
Little brown sugar and salt

Mix all in a bowl and leave to rest for 1 or 2 hours at room temperature.
I left it for 2 hours because I was worried if the fish fillets would still taste fishy....LOL...

Review -->   Supa-dupa delicious and appetizing...!

5 comments:

MeRy said...

never try this dish before....

anney said...

This is a nice appetizer! Are the mackerel fillets raw?

CathJ said...

Mcm hinava kalau di sabah... My fav!!! :)

UmmiRosma said...

MeRy ~ yummylicious....have a try dear :)

Anney ~ yes the raw fresh mackerel fillets so ever delicious :9

CathJ ~ oh ya...just googled up about hivana....almost the same ya cara nak buat....after this nak try wit squids lagi :)

Nur-nba said...

Tak pernah cuba lagi... Bagaimana ye rasanya??