Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Pink Lotus Plant

I bought this lotus plant few weeks ago.....this plant will bear pink lotus flowers. Actually, I was looking for the white lotus plants but such plants are not available here...  :(

After a week this plant was under my supervision....it has shown great progress which made me happy. But as soon as it grows more leaves......I notice there are some bugs attaching on the stems. I was really frustrated....I even see some eggs and larva floating on the water....as you can see in the following picture....


Have you ever encountered the same case with your lotus plants? If you do....please share some tips....thanks in advance. 

Paging ----> CathJ ....please do help me [@_@]
I have actually googled up for the tips and how to take care of lotus plants but I could not find the exact case like mine. 

What I did?  
I sprayed my lotus with the water-based Shelltox! (^_^)
The leaves are not affected and more baby leaves are growing. I notice some bugs have dissappeared but I can't be happy yet.  Will keep on doing some close observations...

6 comments:

CathJ said...

Pesanan di terima.. haha..

wow.. this bug.. yes I always see this on some lilies too.. but I cannot remember my lily dulu ada kah tidak. I am afraid I do not have the solution here... *sigh*.. just need to keep on trying with racun serangga. tapi sheltox2 ni saya kurang berkenan lah... takut mati plant. you can try some selling kat supermarket like Giant.. eh? Brunei ada Giant ke? ;-p.. go to garden corner... mesti ada jual racun perosak... sometimes ada yg organic juga... won't hurt the plant. Buat sementara waktu sebelum jumpa racun tu.. you sembur guna air lada dulu. I saw from magazines... dia guna cili.. tumbuk cili letak air sikit... and spray kat tempat bugs tu... guna sudu ke, just drop around that place. I hope it works. good luck my fren.

Mummy Gwen said...

I can't wait to see your lily bloom..must be very beautiful. Hope you can solve your problem..maybe ask the place where you bought the flower from?

UmmiRosma said...

CathJ ~ oh ya...the organic insect repellent...now kena google up dulu...tnx tnx tnx my pretty friend for the suggestion..

Giant? yea kat sini ada dah...one of the favourites jugak lah kat sini...

UmmiRosma said...

MummyGwen ~ Me too just cant wait to see the flowers....hopefully it grows well. Oh ya...will ask some advises from the seller soon. Tnx dearie..

BoeyJoey said...

I used to have a lotus plant tooo... there's some powder that we put into the water to kill mosquito larva and bugs. Try asking from the plant nursery!

UmmiRosma said...

BoeyJoey ~tnx for the info...will try to get this kinda powder. I hope my lotus grows well after this...