Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday's Menu


On Saturday I cooked 'ayam taucu pedas' and brought this to school. In English, I think it would be named as 'hot black soy bean chicken'. For those who would love to taste this delicacy...have this recipe jotted down or printed..

Ingredients :
3 whole chickens
1 bottle taucu pedas (I used Yeo's brand)
3 big onions + 5 shallots + 4 garlics + 4 buah keras (blended)
4 cm ginger, 2cm galangal, 5cm tumeric, 4 sticks lemon grass (blended)
Some cut chives
Some sliced carrots
Some chilli paste
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
Some oyster sauce, tomato and chilli sauce (Maggie brand)
Black thick soy sauce
Thailand small chilli cuts
Oil

Steps:
1. Cut the whole chickens and marinate them with salt and tumeric powder for about an hour.
2. Then deep fry the chicken cuts.
3. For the sauce, fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
4. Then pop in the chilli paste and fry till the oil breaks.
5. Put in the taucu pedas, soy sauce, tamarind paste, oyster, tomato and chilli sauce.
(suit to taste)
6. Then pop in the sliced carrots and cook them well till the gravy thickens.
7. Put a little it of water (if desired)
8. Then come in the chicken cuts and the chives.
9. Put in a little bit of salt (the taucu is already salty) and some sugar. Sprinkle some chilli cuts.
10. That's all....enjoy the dish with hot rice or kelupis...mmm...yummy!

2 comments:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I seldom cook taucu for my dinner. I just dont know how to handle this ingredient. If too much of it, it will cause saltiness.

UmmiRosma said...

True, thus I used only the taucu pedas. But still quite salty for me. To lessen the saltiness I put more chilli...